Function Details Breakdown
The function details page provides detailed and insightful monitoring data of your function and even allows you to navigate to see monitoring data of specific invocations. The page is navigated to via the Functions List page. The function details page of a specific function is opened up when a specific monitoring data is selected from the Monitoring Options present on the left of the Functions List page.
The page is split into two main portions with the top section displaying function stats and overall runtime figures. The second part of the page displays detailed monitoring data which is split into three tab views. The tab views allow different views of monitored data and you may switch among the tabs to get detailed and comprehensive monitoring data of not only your function as a whole but also of individual invocations.
The Function Details page has three main components which allow you to navigate through the details of your specific selected function. These are as listed:
The Functions Info view consists of information pertinent to the specific function being analyzed. This includes the function name, lambda info and function stats.
Function Profile Breakdown
The three fields included in the Function Profile are meant for you to not only identify and profile your function but also get an overview state of the Lambda function.
- Function Name - The name of the Lambda function being analyzed.
- Function Stats - Functions statistics considering all the invocations of the function.
- The Lambda info is displayed in the form of various badges with different colors. The badges are arranged in the order as listed below, with the following color codes:
Function Info Legend
The Time Setting drop-down is present at the right of the Query Bar and you can use it to change the function statistics shown in the Function Profile, considering the averages of all the invocations within the specified time period. Moreover, the information in the Monitoring Data Tabs will also change accordingly. For example, the invocations listed within the Invocations tab view will comprise only of the invocations that were received within the specified time period.
There are default time range settings for you to choose, but if you may also specify your own custom range by clicking on "Custom Range" which will then bring up the Custom Range view allowing you to set the time range you would like to apply when viewing your Lambda functions.
Custom Time Selection
This view makes up most of the page and provides access to all the monitoring data collected by Thundra. This includes the following tab views:
- Invocations - List of all the invocations within the specified time range along with any filter queries specified within the tab view. Selecting any one of the invocations allows you to see detailed trace and log information of the specific information, which thus covers two of the three pillars of observability. Visit the Invocations Tab view section to know more about querying invocations and interacting with the list of invocations listed.
- Performance Analysis - Aims to give an overall insight into the state of individual invocations and how they affect the overall metrics. Thundra has implemented special statistical illustrations to make the information as accessible as possible. Visit the Performance Analysis Tab to learn more of the various graphical aids provided and how to read them to get a better insight into the effect of individual invocations on the overall status of your function.
- Metrics - Illustrates various metric data in the form of detailed and comprehensible graphs. These graphs are created compiling all the invocations within the time period specified. The graphs presented in the Metrics tab are agent specific, and each language agent has a specific manner of calculating the statistics displayed in the graphs. Visit the Metrics Tab view section to get a detailed list of metric graphs according to the programing language, and to learn how to read the graphs.